The Sharing Center
105 Main Street, Lykens, PA 17048 717-453-4238
In partnership with Family Circle Ministries
The Sharing Center’s Mission is to help one family at a time by supporting people starting over or facing a hard time through providing free clothing and household goods.
PLEASE: call with questions, to clarify acceptable donations, and to make arrangements —
Items are only for distribution to individuals in need.
No item taken from The Sharing Center may be sold, traded, or returned to the store.
Individuals receiving donations agree to inspect and test items before use and agree to not hold The Sharing Center liable for any damage or injury resulting from the use of donated merchandise.
Individuals may choose from all items on their initial visit. They may return to pick out clothing only.
PLEASE: Look carefully at the list of ACCEPTABLE and UNACCEPTABLE donations.
Here is a list of a few ACCEPTABLE examples:
Furniture , kitchenware, household goods, used furniture, appliances, beds/frames, bedding, plates, flatware, kitchen utensils and small appliances that we give to our clients at no cost.
The Sharing Place alone has helped over 200 individuals and given away $75,000 (used value) worth of goods.
The Sharing Center is combining our resources and partnering with other community based agencies, organizations and churches who are helping families and individuals move from homeless shelters, incarceration, difficult life circumstances or transitional housing by providing good, used furnishings, cookware, dishware, silverware as well as just about anything needed get started in their new digs! It’s a simple idea but has a transforming impact on the future of those who are committed to life change.
Everything we have we give to those in need without cost or qualification.
You can help us help those rebuilding their lives by regifting furniture, volunteering your time, and by financially supporting this effort (see Financial Support in middle column below to donate online, or make checks payable to The Family Circle Ministries, and send to: 80 Brooklane Court, Elizabethtown PA 17022).
You can help us help others by dropping off your donations.
If you live in Northern Dauphin County (above Peter’s Mountain) you can drop your items off at The Valley Lighthouse, 105 W. Main Street, Lykens, PA 17048
Thanks for your donations.
PLEASE: Check and double-check your donations before leaving them at a thrift store. People have been known to leave phones, jewelry, and important papers in boxes of donated goods. We can’t try to track down the owners of lost treasures.
THE SHARING CENTER ACCEPTS THE FOLLOWING ITEMS
- Houses that can be renovated — no condemned property
- Accessories: purses, shoes, belts, scarves, jewelry, unopened cosmetics, fragrances
- Clothing: all sizes, styles, in good condition
- Socks and underwear in new packaging
- Wedding and prom dresses if cleaned
- Ammunition, weapons (must be transferred at gun shop)
- Antiques and collectibles (example: artificial Christmas trees and decorations)
- Toys: dolls, games, puzzles, action figures
- Automobiles, motorcycles, scooters, with current PA inspection
- Bicycles in good working condition
- Computers and computer-related peripherals, flat screens. Newer computers and laptops in good working order may be re-sold — NO CRT Monitors
- Electronics (EXCEPT televisions); Consumer electronics in good working condition such as alarm clocks, radios, stereo equipment — NO console stereos
- Eye glasses (we collect for Lion’s Club)
- Home decor: portraits/frames, candles, fake floral, vases, baskets
- Housewares: dishes, glassware, fans, lamps
- Furniture in good condition and without stains
- Lawn Equipment in good working condition
- Luggage, backpacks, outdoor recreational equipment, tents — NO sleeping bags
- Media: books, CDs, videos, DVDs in good condition — NO Encyclopedias, magazines
- Musical instruments in working condition — NO acoustic pianos
- Sporting goods (example: balls, baseball bats, rackets, cleats, etc — NO bowling balls.
- Tools of any kind (example: new paint rollers and other equipment)
- Large appliances: refrigerators, stoves, washing machines, dryers, air conditioners, humidifiers/dehumidifiers, or microwaves
- Wheelchairs, walkers, canes etc
THE SHARING CENTER DOES NOT ACCEPT THE FOLLOWING ITEMS
- Any item needing repair
- Automotive parts: tires, batteries, motors, etc
- Used or stained box springs, mattresses, pillows, waterbeds, sleeper furniture, hide-a-beds
- Building materials: glass, doors, window frames, scrap lumber, metal, etc
- Encyclopedias or magazines
- Carpet: wall-to-wall or otherwise
- CRT Monitors , old printers, Industrial copiers
- Exercise Equipment
- Hazardous materials, including liquid cleaners, paints, detergents, fertilizers, weed killers, chemicals, motor oil, etc.
- Helmets (bicycle, motorcycle, etc.)
- Dishwashers, trash compactors , water heaters, space heaters, fireplaces — call if you have questions
- Large metal desks, other office equipment
- Outdoor equipment, grills, etc
- Pianos (Acoustic)
- Plumbing fixtures: sinks, shower stalls, toilets
- Socks and underwear not in new packaging
- Stuffed animals if not in original packaging
- Televisions of any kind / TV stands or cabinets
- Hospital beds
- Worn, stained, damaged furniture — NO fabric covered or particle board furniture